The European Youth Card Association (EYCA) is a non-profit organisation that represents 40 youth organisations in 38 countries across Europe. EYCA member organisations issue the European Youth Card to over 7 million young people, providing them with over 37.000 discounts and special services and programmes. All EYCA members are committed to promoting youth mobility and active citizenship.
As part of the lead-up to the Conference on the Future of Europe, EYCA was selected to implement activities with young people to engage and educate them about EU institutions and policy issues addressed by the European Union. Young people aged 16–24 will have the opportunity to contribute and share their ideas on what type of European Union they want to live in. Themes such as climate change, equality, democratic participation etc. will be addressed throughout the year.
The initiative aims to empower and mobilise young people aged 16–24 to engage in the Conference on Future of Europe by offering a platform to make their voice heard on issues they care about and want to see as part of the public agenda of the European Union. This project is funded by the European Union.
EYCA is looking for a website developer for the creation of a new project website in WordPress.
The developer will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Establishing and guiding the website’s architecture
- Designing and implementing new features and functionality
- Ensuring high-performance and availability, and managing all technical aspects of the CMS
- Helping formulate an effective, responsive design and turning it into a working theme and plugin.
- Convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages
- Support in the optimisation of WordPress site for search engines (i.e.optimizing XML sitemaps, verifying site with Google Search Console, Google Analytics, installation of plugins, etc)
- Maintenance of WordPress plugin updates, avoiding security risks and ensuring regular back-ups
The Developer should meet the following criteria:
- Experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications
- Experience designing and developing responsive design websites
- Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
- Ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers
- Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML)
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (such as Git, SVN, and Mercurial)
- Strong understanding of PHP back-end development
How to apply?